Are You A Good Person?
ARE YOU A GOOD PERSON BY GOD’S STANDARD?
ARE YOU GOOD ENOUGH TO GO TO HEAVEN?
1. Have you ever told a lie?
[ ] Yes, I have told at least one lie in my life.
[ ] No, I have never told a life in my life.
2. Have you given money to charity?
[ ] Yes, I have given money to charity.
[ ] No, I have never given money to charity.
3. Have you gone to church regularly?
[ ] Yes, I have gone to church regularly.
[ ] No, I have not gone to church regularly.
4. Have you ever stolen anything? (no matter how small)
[ ] Yes, I have stolen at least once in my life.
[ ] No, I have never stolen anything in my life.
5. Have you ever used “God,” “Jesus,” or “Christ,” as a curse word? (Example: “Oh my G-d!”
[ ] Yes, I have used God’s name in vain at least once in my life.
[ ] No, I have never, even once, used God’s name in vain.
6. Do you read the Bible regularly?
[ ] Yes, I read the Bible regularly.
[ ] No, I do not read the Bible regularly.
7. Have you ever looked at someone and had lustful thoughts?
[ ] Yes, I have lusted at least once in my life.
[ ] No, I have never lusted in my life.
8. Have you ever broken the first commandment? The first of the Ten Commandments is, "You shall have no other gods before Me."
[ ] Yes, I have broken the first Commandment.
[ ] No, I have never broken the first Commandment.
This is taken from Ray Comfort’s materials.
1. How many lies would a person have to tell before they would be a liar? The Ninth Commandment states “You shalt not lie.” If we tell one lie according to God’s standard we are a liar. What does Revelation 21:8 say about liars?
2. The Bible teaches to give to the poor. Giving to charitable organizations is a good thing. Will this achieve righteousness so a person can earn heaven? Read 2 Timothy 1:9 and Ephesians 2:8-9.
3. The Bible teaches us to be faithful to church. Read Hebrews 10:25. Will faithful church attendance merit the favor of God so you can enter heaven? In John 3 we read of Nicodemus. He was religious man who was faithful to Temple worship. Did Jesus tell Nicodemus that his faithful attendance to the Temple would earn him a place in heaven?
4. How many times would a person have to steal before he would be considered a thief? The Eighth of the Ten Commandments is "You shall not steal." Stealing just one thing (regardless of it's size or monetary value), according to God's standards, makes you a "thief." Read Malachi 3:8? Is it a sin not to be faithful with one’s tithes? According to 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, will the thief be allowed to enter heaven?
5. The Bible teaches that we are to honor God by honoring His name. The Third of the Ten Commandments is "You shall not take the name of the Lord in vain." If you've every used the name "God," "Jesus," or "Christ" as a curse word, what you've done is taken the name of the God who gave you life, and you've used it as if it were a "four-letter" filth word to express disgust. That offense is called "blasphemy," and according to God's standards, you are a "blasphemer." In Leviticus 24:16 what is the punishment for those who blasphemed the name of the Lord?
6. The Bible teaches the importance of reading the Word of God. Read 2 Timothy 2:15 and Colossians 3:16. While reading the Bible, giving to charities, and going to church are good things, they will not admit us into heaven. Read Isaiah 64:6.
7. Read Matthew 5:27-28. What did Jesus say about lusting? The Seventh of the Ten Commandments is "You shall not commit adultery." If you've ever looked at another person with lustful thoughts, according to God's standards, that makes you an "adulterer." What is the consequence for committing adultery according to Hebrews 13:4, 1 Corinthians 6:9, and Revelation 21:8?
8. Read Mark 12:30. The First of the Ten Commandments is "You shall have no other gods before me." That means that we should love God with all of our heart, mind, soul and strength. The Bible tells us that no one has kept this commandment (see Psalm 14:2-3; Rom. 3:10-12) -- if you said you had, you have also broken the 9th Commandment by lying.